INHS Asvini is the premier naval hospital of the Indian Navy. It is located in Colaba, Mumbai, India, and was established in 1756 as the King’s Seamen Hospital. It is the oldest naval hospital in India and one of the oldest hospitals in Mumbai.
INHS Asvini is a 825-bed tertiary care hospital that provides a wide range of medical services to Indian Navy personnel, their families, and civilians. The hospital has a team of highly qualified and experienced doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals who are committed to providing the best possible care to their patients.
INHS Asvini is also a major center for medical education and training. It has a College of Nursing that offers four-year degree programs and one-year PG Diploma courses in five nursing specializations. The hospital also has a training program for medical officers, dental officers, and nursing officers.
- Address: WR28+339, near RC Church, Navy Nagar, Colaba, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400005 (Source: Google)
- Official Link & read more about INHS Asvini: Indian Navy INHS Asvini
INHS Asvini is a state-of-the-art hospital that is equipped with the latest medical technology. The hospital has a wide range of facilities, including:
- A 24/7 emergency department
- A variety of specialized clinics, including cardiology, neurology, oncology, orthopedic surgery, and pediatrics
- A modern operating theater complex
- A well-equipped intensive care unit
- A state-of-the-art laboratory
- A pharmacy
- A blood bank
- A dental center
- A college of nursing
INHS Asvini is one of the leading naval hospitals in the world and is known for its high quality of care and its commitment to medical education and training.
History of INHS Asvini Hosppital
INHS Asvini is the oldest and the largest hospital of the Indian Navy. It traces its origins to 1756, when the East India Company established a hospital for its seamen in Bombay. The hospital was initially known as King’s Seamen Hospital, but was later renamed Bombay Marine Hospital. In 1951, the hospital was commissioned into the Indian Navy and christened INHS Asvini.
Here are some notable milestones in the history of INHS Asvini:
- 1756: King’s Seamen Hospital is established in Bombay by the East India Company.
- 1788: The hospital is renamed Bombay Marine Hospital.
- 1860: The Octagonal building No. 3 (Hawa Mahal) is constructed as the Main Ward of Bombay Marine Hospital.
- 1899: The Main Block (Building No. 1) is constructed.
- 1951: The hospital is commissioned into the Indian Navy and christened INHS Asvini.
- 1954: A Sick Berth School is established at INHS Asvini.
- 1961: A Dental Centre is established at INHS Asvini.
- 1963: A Probationer Nurses School is established at INHS Asvini.
- 1977: INHS Asvini is classified as a Command Hospital.
- 1992: INHS Asvini is accredited by NABH.