How Girls Can Join the Indian Army After 10th: The Indian Army is an institution that commands respect and admiration in India. For young girls aspiring to serve their country, it offers an exceptional and rewarding career path. In this comprehensive guide, we will walk you through the various ways girls can join the Indian Army after completing their 10th standard education.
1. Soldier General Duty (Women Military Police)
This is an entry-level position in the Indian Army and a great starting point for girls who want to serve their nation. To be eligible for this role, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 10th standard education with a score of at least 45% marks.
- Physical and mental fitness is a must.
2. Agneepath (General Duty) Women in the Corp of Military Police
A relatively new recruitment scheme introduced in 2022, Agneepath allows women to serve in the Indian Army as General Duty soldiers. To qualify for this role, candidates must meet these requirements:
- Completion of the 10th standard with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Satisfactory physical and mental fitness.
Both roles have an identical selection process which consists of several stages:
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT): This includes a 1.6 km run, a pull-up test, and a sit-up test.
- Physical Measurement Test (PMT): Candidates will undergo height and weight measurements.
- Medical Examination: A comprehensive examination to assess overall health.
- Common Entrance Examination (CEE): This is a written examination covering general science, mathematics, and English.
- Document Verification: The final stage of the selection process, where all your documents are scrutinized.
If you’re a girl aspiring to join the Indian Army after 10th, here are some essential tips to help you prepare:
- Focus on physical fitness; practice running, pull-ups, and sit-ups regularly.
- Dedicate time to study for the Common Entrance Examination (CEE).
- Ensure all your required documents are in order.
To qualify for either role, you must meet these eligibility criteria:
- You must be an Indian citizen.
- You must be unmarried.
- A minimum of 45% marks in aggregate in your 10th standard.
- Physical fitness criteria include height and weight requirements.
- You must be willing to undergo military training.
Salary and Benefits:
Joining the Indian Army offers attractive salary and benefits, including:
- Basic Salary: Rs. 30,200 per month
- Dearness Allowance: Varies depending on the cost of living
- House Rent Allowance: Determined by your posting location
- Medical Allowance: Free medical care for you and your family
- Leave: 30 days of leave per year
- Pension: You will receive a pension after retirement
Diverse Roles for Women in the Indian Army:
Women in the Indian Army have the opportunity to serve in various roles, including but not limited to:
- Medical Officer
- Nursing Officer
The Indian Army is an exceptional career option for young women seeking challenges and rewarding experiences. If you possess the determination, physical fitness, and educational qualifications, consider embarking on this remarkable journey to serve your country with pride and honor. Your path to joining the Indian Army after 10th is now clearer than ever.